The volunteer will be responsible for the supervision of one team of 9 local workers, which includes:
- work plan development
- conflict management and mitigation
- working in the forest to monitor local workers
- analysis and report writing
Applicants from all countries are eligible to apply.
- A undergraduate degree or Masters in Primatology or a related subject
- GPS and GIS skills
- At least basic French, the trackers do not speak English
- Experiences with ecotourism projects
- Willingness to work flexible hours, during weekends and long hours during the day.
- Physically fit enough to walk long distances in difficult conditions
The program is fully funded. Volunteer will be provided with: accommodation, meals, travel costs incl. return economy air travel. Also there is a monthly allowance of $200.
To apply please submit your application in either English or French, including covering letter and CV, via email, with the subject heading Bonobo Team Leader_your name.