Participants can win a round-trip airfare from your closest international airport to the Caribbean to attend a 4-day workshop with Tim Neville at a Selina hostel coworking space and then go on a 10-day all-expenses-paid trip in the Caribbean.
In order to apply, participants need to submit a compelling story about a travel experience they’ve had in 700 words or less. The themes are:
- ‘A leap into the unknown’
- ‘Making a local connection’
- ‘I didn’t expect to find’
The judges are looking for:
- Great descriptive ability (without getting flowery)
- A well-structured narrative and a strong eye for detail
- Ability to uncover a great travel story and tell it in a compelling way
- Excellent spelling and grammar and a knack for avoiding clichés
The 3 recipients of the Scholarship, along with the shortlist of best travel stories will be published on the World Nomads website on 30 April 2020.