Apply for Nomad Travel Writing Scholarship
Nomad Travel Writing Scholarship: Participants can win a round-trip airfare from your closest international airport to the Caribbean to attend a 4-day workshop with Tim Neville at a Selina hostel coworking space and then go on a 10-day all-expenses-paid trip in the Caribbean.
In order to apply, participants need to submit a compelling story about a travel experience they’ve had in 700 words or less. The themes are:
- ‘A leap into the unknown’
- ‘Making a local connection’
- ‘I didn’t expect to find’
The judges are looking for:
- Great descriptive ability (without getting flowery)
- A well-structured narrative and a strong eye for detail
- Ability to uncover a great travel story and tell it in a compelling way
- Excellent spelling and grammar and a knack for avoiding clichés
The 3 recipients of the Scholarship, along with the shortlist of best travel stories will be published on the World Nomads website on 30 April 2020.
Read more here.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.