McKinsey & Company is an American management consulting firm. McKinsey has published the McKinsey Quarterly since 1964, funds the McKinsey Global Institute research organization, publishes reports on management topics, and has authored influential books on management.
During the application process, you will have to complete a short online form and select up to two offices you have a connection to and/or interest in. It can be a location where you have lived or where you speak the local language. Their colleagues in this office will review your application and match you with a McKinsey mentor.
The McKinsey Women Achievement Award is sponsored by their offices in Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Czech Republic, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and Vietnam, as well as our functional practices: Digital, Implementation, Risk, and Operations.
The deadline is on 8 June 2020.
- To be eligible to apply for the award, you should self-identify as a woman
- Be a current student working towards a graduate or undergraduate degree
- Be a working professional with fewer than 5 years of work experience
- Make sure you have uploaded all the relevant attachments – they will not be able to process your application without the CV, essay, and transcripts as requested
- Your CV should include work experience, including part-time jobs and volunteer roles, as well as extracurricular activities and achievements
- A brief essay (250 words or fewer) about your proudest or most interesting personal achievement. Please include the obstacles you overcame to reach this achievement and why it is important to you.
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney