The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Each scholarship consists of
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia;
- An approved tuition fees;
- Monthly maintenance allowance;
- Annual grant for books and internal travel;
- Medical / Health Insurance;
- Installation and Termination grant;
- Thesis allowance;
- Less than 40 years (postgraduate) and 45 years (post-doctoral) of age during application;
- Have obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
- Have taken one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
– IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
– TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- Be in excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants;
- Write a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies;
- Have applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).