Magnum Foundation’s Photography and Social Justice Program expands diversity and creativity in the field of documentary photography. The deadline is on 15 October 2019.
Each year, the program of Magnum Foundation supports a diverse, international group of Photography and Social Justice Fellows who are passionate about challenging injustice, pursuing social equality, and advancing human rights through photography.
Magnum Foundation covers the cost of travel and room and board for the sessions in New York City.
Fellows also receive a modest stipend to support the production of their projects. The program is produced in partnership with the City University of New York Graduate School of Journalism.
The session in New York City is a four week training hosted by City University of New York’s Graduate School of Journalism.
This first session focuses on project development, technical trainings, and experimentation.
This session will include exploration of emerging tools and platforms, lectures on documentary photography, and discussions on critical theory.
This program especially aims to support:
- people of color,
- gender non-conforming individuals,
- LGBTQ individuals,
- individuals who are part of racial, ethnic, or religious minority groups, refugees,
- and others whose authorship is unevenly represented within the field of documentary photography.
- Successful candidates are documentary photographers, visual artists, and photojournalists, activists who use photography in their change-making practice, scholars who incorporate images and image-making in their research.
- Self-taught practitioners and those who have not had previous opportunity to do a formal course of study in photography at the university level are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be proficient in spoken and written English.
Read more here.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.