Apply for Languages Teacher Training
Launched by the Department for Education (DfE), this prestigious languages teacher training scholarships programme offers a range of benefits to successful applicants including:
- A tax-free scholarship of £28,000* while you train to teach French, German or Spanish at secondary level in England
- A further £6,000 after tax* once in teaching (paid over three years)
- Access to a range of professional development opportunities and resources, including webinars for distance-based training for your Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and membership to the Association for Language Learning (ALL) for your training year
- Networking opportunities with your fellow scholars and teaching professionals, including attendance at conferences and events with cultural institutions in the UK
- To be eligible to apply, you must have, or be predicted to achieve, a minimum of a 2:1 in a French, German or Spanish degree;
- You may also be considered if you have a 2:1 degree in a different subject and can demonstrate excellent language skills and significant cultural knowledge (e.g. experience of living/working in the target language country, or you’re a native speaker).
To be eligible to apply, you should hold UK or EU student status, and be entitled to student finance support as follows:
- Home and EU students must be entitled to support for a tuition fee loan via Student Finance England. Please note that you do not have to take out this financial support but you need to meet the criteria.
- EU students should also have normally been resident in the UK for three years prior to the start of the teacher training course.
If you are from outside of the UK, you should confirm eligibility with Student Finance England before applying for the scholarship.
Read more here.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.