Association ISSP is a non-commercial education and networking platform for emerging photographers, based in Latvia and acting internationally. The ISSP is designed for emerging photographers – young professionals (disregarding of age), students of photography and art, artists using photography, and advanced amateurs with practical knowledge and keen interest in photographic practice. You must have an active relationship with the medium of photography and a desire to bring it to a new level via an intense learning experience.
- You have an active interest in photography as a medium of self-expression or chosen profession, and have engaged yourself in studying photography in a formal or informal education programme or by means of self-study;
- You have completed at least one long-term photographic project;
- You are proficient with the use of your camera and post-processing of your images (technical elements of photography are not a part of the curricula);
- You are able to understand and express yourself freely in English, the official language of the ISSP;
- You are at least 18 years old; there is no upper age limit for participation.
- NB! The participants must agree to adhere to the ;
- Bringing your own laptop for post-processing of the images is a must;
- Participation in the ISSP for more than 3 consecutive years is not encouraged – the long-term participants are welcome to apply as volunteers.
Full participation fee is 600 EUR. It includes campus accommodation and full board (3 meals a day) for 8 days, as well as local transport in Kuldīga. Subsidised participation fee is 300 EUR. In order to qualify for the fee subsidy you must be under 35 years of age and be a national or permanent resident of one of the following countries: Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Central Asian Republics. Those applying for a subsidy should provide a detailed justification in the application form. The decision on granting of subsidy is taken by ISSP.
To apply, please fill in an application form including a small portfolio selection of up to 12 photographs from your latest projects. Please also include your motivation letter. Application deadline is 8th of May 2016.