The Schwarzkopf Foundation is the international umbrella organisation for the European Youth Parliament (EYP) programme. The European Youth Parliament (EYP) is an educational programme which brings together young people from all over Europe to discuss current topics in a parliamentary setting. With its international, national and regional events it reaches out to 35 000 young people all over Europe every year. The work of the EYP team is led by an EYP Executive Director, who is the programme leader. The current EYP Executive Director is going on maternity leave, and the foundation is seeking a replacement.
You will be working in a young, international team in the centre of Berlin. You will actively participate in the work and development of the European Youth Parliament and its activities, taking over your own responsibilities and the possibility to fully contribute to an evolving organisation with your ideas and innovations.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Team management and leadership;
- EYP Governance;
- Leading the EYP team and overseeing tasks and responsibilities; Managing and ensuring the quality of the output of the EYP team; Overseeing the continuation and development of the EYP programme;
- Fundraising, partnership management and external representation;
- Fundraising for EYP activities and for the annual EYP budget;
- Overseeing the annual EYP budget, including planning, controlling, and accounting; as well as financial reporting to the EYP Board and other bodies;
- Ensuring the visibility of the European Youth Parliament and representing the network externally;
- Grant applications and grant reporting;
- Managing existing partnerships and developing new partnership proposals;
- Board management: working with and being the daily contact for the Governing Body Schwarzkopf-Stiftung Junges Europa 1
- Relevant working experience of four years, preferably in the NGO sector; with a strong international background;
- Excellent English skills (spoken and written);
- University degree (M.A. or equivalent);
- Previous experience with leading and managing international teams;
- Ability to provide strategic leadership in implementing EYP’s strategic aims;
- Experience in working with volunteers and in volunteer organisations and/or with informal civic education of youth people;
- Strong interest in the aims of our organisation and in current European affairs.
The envisaged date of entry is 2 January 2017. At the moment, the position is available for a period of a year and a half, with a possible prolongation after this.
If you are interested to apply, submit your application in English online. In the online application form, please attach your cover letter, CV, any references you want to share, your desired salary as well as your soonest availability.