International researchers and organizations are invited to compete for a grant to support their projects focusing on health, environment and economy. Three top proposals will receive grants worth US$ 30,000, US$ 10,000, and US$ 5,000, respectively. The deadline is on 30 September 2020.
Win the Japanese Award
The Japanese Awards Competition is administered by GDN and supported by the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan.
This award program identifies and funds outstanding research proposals in low-income or middle-income countries with high potential for excellence in research and clear policy implications for addressing development issues.
This year’s topic for projects is ‘Unpacking the health-environment-economic wellbeing nexus’.
The funds will be used to support the research work proposed by the winners towards the completion of their research. Additionally, awardees will be paired with world-class academic in their area of work who will play the role of a Scientific and Technical Advisor to the winners.
Finalists will be invited to join a communications training in preparation of a pitch of their project.
A physical Award ceremony might be held in 2021, if conditions allow it, but projects are expected to start on 15 Jan 2021. The awards will be given to the organizations or researchers whose proposals hold the greatest promise for improving understanding of development.
The deadline is on 30 September 2020.
- All applications must be accompanied by CVs of all the team members
- Proposals must be submitted in English only
- The competition is open to researchers who are citizens or permanent residents of low-income or middle-income countries as classified by the World Bank
- Citizens of eligible countries currently residing in a non-eligible country are only allowed to apply if they have been living in the non-eligible country for no more than five years as of 20 July 2020
- The upper age limit for all applicants is 45 years
Find out more about Japanese Award for Outstanding Research.
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
More opportunities here:
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.