Interns are based at offices in Berlin-Wilmersdorf. There are several research divisions that are available for the internship. These are EU/Europe, International Security, Americas, Eastern Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and Africa, Asia, and Global Issues research divisions.
The work undertaken by the interns includes assisting with all tasks within the research division, preparing reports of conferences and meetings, editing academic texts, researching and evaluating materials, and helping to prepare meetings and conferences. Interns at SWP receive €300 per month.
- Applicants should be already for a Master’s degree or be holders of Bachelor’s degree who can demonstrate enrollment in Master’s degree program at the time proposed for the internship;
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English;
- IT skills (Word, Excel, web browsers) and social skills are required;
- Candidates should demonstrate an idea of what they wish to achieve during the internship;
- Application must also include motivational letter (maximum one page), Bachelor’s degree certificate, and references.