CiB assists the Kyrgyz Government with the implementation of OSCE commitments and the relevant international legal framework. The Programme Co-ordination Unit (PCU) in the Office of Head of Mission oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of the Centre’s three thematic programmes and the projects implemented within those programmes. The selected intern will have an excellent opportunity of gaining an overview of the activities of the OSCE in Kyrgyzstan.
- Applicants should be at least 19 years old and be under the age of 30 and from an OSCE participating State;
- Students in the final year of higher education (university or other accredited institution) at graduate or postgraduate level: recent graduates or postgraduates, i.e. within one year of graduation with a background in international relations, international law, peace studies, human rights or political science;
- Previous experience in working for international organizations or international NGOs;
- Analytical, research and drafting skills;
- Good organizational skills with ability to process and classify information quickly and efficiently;
- Excellent IT knowledge, familiarity with Microsoft Office and Internet applications;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people from different national and cultural backgrounds, whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Fluency in English is essential, including the ability to draft and edit written English-language documents;
- Knowledge of Russian would be helpful, but is not necessary.
Please note, the OSCE is not in a position to pay any remuneration or cover any expenses incurred by the intern during his/her stay nor reimburse travel expenses. However, interns selected who are non-residents at duty station, may be eligible for compensation of EUR 360 per month towards their living costs in place of assignment.