Under the supervision of the Training Assistant of UNITAR’s Multilateral Diplomacy Programme, the intern/trainee will assist in the development and design of UNITAR’s external products (brochures, advertisements, online advertisements, web products and outgoing documents) as well as e-courses on diplomacy and skills development. The intern/trainee would assist in, inter alia, designing the products, showing originality and professionalism, being creative whilst and adapting the products to the existing UNITAR’s guidelines. The intern/trainee would also be responsible for assisting in communications and outreach activities.
- a university-level qualification (Bachelor’s degree, licence or other) either in graphic or instructional design digital media, journalism, international relations, history, political science, languages or a related subject;
- interest in instructional and graphic design, distance learning methodologies;
- creativity and professionalism;
- administrative and organizational skills to assist in the designing of external products;
- computer skills (to be able to deal with InDesign, Photoshop, Internet search, advertisement through social media, etc.);
- a high level of individual responsibility, commitment and initiative;
- excellent knowledge in both oral and written English. Knowledge of French or other working UN languages is an advantage.
The internship/traineeship programme is normally on a full-time basis and interns/trainees are expected to work five days a week. Requests for part-time arrangements are possible, and should be agreed before the start of the internship/traineeship. The internship/traineeship is unpaid, but interns and trainees will receive a monthly lump-sum to cover transportation. Programme will be held at UNITAR headquarters in Geneva.
Start date is 5 September 2016.