Piano Camp Lethbridge is pleased to offer internship opportunities in Collaborative Piano to advanced pianists, 18 years of age and over. Two positions will be awarded to pianists who are strong performers displaying an ability to work with youths in leadership and teaching capacities. 2021 application period is TBA soon.
Piano Camp is a music school, run through the University of Lethbridge, located in downtown Lethbridge, Canada. The school is comprised of a team of highly trained musicians/educators from the University of Lethbridge Department of Music, and distinguished musicians from the community.
Internship will include daily coaching with artist-teachers who are specialized in collaborative performance, chamber music, vocal coaching and ensemble work. Pianists will work with professional singers and instrumentalists and perform at gala concerts. There will be opportunities for career talks with faculty as well as access to excellent practice and performance facilities. Interns will live on campus in residence accommodations and benefit from free tuition, housing, and a stipend. Interns will coach piano camp participants aged 13-20. Short-listed applicants will be notified and interviewed by Skype after the application deadline.
2021 application period is TBA soon.
Candidates should provide the following documents:
- A letter of application/intent that outlines your qualifications for the internship, including teaching/leadership experience, and collaborative performance background.
- An up-to-date curriculum vita (CV)
- Two letters of reference from individuals who are familiar with your performance and/or teaching and/or leadership abilities
- A solo piano repertoire list AND a collaborative piano repertoire list
- Send or upload a video that includes performances of two vocal works (can be two art songs OR one art song and one aria, in two different languages), one instrumental work (can be one movement of a sonata OR a single-movement work), and one solo piano work (no more than 10 minutes long). Recommended: upload video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Google Drive, and email link.
Find out more about Internship at Piano Camp Lethbridge.
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
More internship opportunities here:
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.