The Qualification Round 2021 of the International Youth Math Challenge has opened for submissions. Use your math skills and your creativity to qualify for the global final round to win great prizes and certificates!
The International Youth Math Challenge (IYMC) is one of the biggest online math competition for students from all around the world.
You can win awards and cash prizes worth over 700 USD, qualify for the final round, become an official IYMC ambassador in your country, or join an international network for outstanding students – take this unique opportunity and participate today: www.iymc.info.
The deadline to enter this event is Sunday 17th October.
Benefits / Prizes
Successful participants receive many certificates, cash prizes, and honours:
- All Participants: Official Participation Certificate
- All Finalists: Bronze Honour, Silver Honour or Gold Honour
- 1. Prize, Youth: 150 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate
- 2. Prize, Youth: 100 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate
- 3. Prize, Youth: 50 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate
- 1. Prize, Junior: 150 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate
- 2. Prize, Junior: 100 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate
- 3. Prize, Junior: 50 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate
- National Awards (best participant from each country)
They understand the crucial role of teachers and schools for mathematical education. Because of that, they award three school awards to honour the efforts of the teachers and the school:
- IYMC School Award for Most Participants: For the school with the most overall participants of the qualification round to honour the efforts of the teachers for encouraging students to participate in mathematical competitions.
- IYMC School Award for Most Finalists: For the school with the most students participating in the pre-final and final round
- IYMC School Award for Excellence: For the school with many outstanding students that have achieved high results throughout the overall competition to honour the quality education.
Besides that, the IYMC offers the following benefits:
- Join a Global Network: A successful participation allows you to join the IYMC network: You will get the rare chance to connect and exchange with outstanding, similar-minded, and inspiring students worldwide.
- Become IYMC Ambassador: Winners, students, and teachers are encouraged to become official Ambassadors with the aim to inspire students and to encourage them to engage in math.
Rounds / Process
The IYMC 2021 takes place in three rounds:
1. Qualification Round: The qualification round consists of five math problems. In order to qualify for the pre-final round, you need to solve at least three (under 18) to four (over 18) of the problems correctly. You can submit your solutions online until 17. October 2021. All participants receive certificates.
2. Pre-Final Round: Successful participants can register for the pre-final round in October. You have one week to solve ten problems of three types: 4x basic problems, 4x, advanced problems, 2x special-creativity problems.
3. Final Round: Successful finalists can participate in the final round: You will take a 20-minute online exam supervised by a supervisor. The winners receive certificates and cash prizes worth over 700 USD.
All High School and University Students. For more information head here.
Another fantastic opportunity right here:
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.