Applications are open for the CMRA International Summer School 2021. PhD students with an academic background in crop physiology, agronomy and related sciences are invited to participate in a fully funded training in Bamako, Mali on February 21-28, 2021. The deadline is on 1 July 2020.
The Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) and the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) invite applications for an international summer school that will take place at the ICRISAT regional headquarter in Bamako, Mali on February 21-28, 2021.
The summer school aims to enhance awareness of the state of the art in crop modelling for addressing climate risk and sustainable intensification among the region’s next generation of researchers and agricultural policy makers. It is designed to provide students with a broad overview of system’s analysis, best practices in model application climate change impact assessments, as well as emerging applications and challenges for crop modelling to support sustainable intensification of smallholder farming systems. Travel costs, visa fees (if required), food and accommodation will be covered for successful applicants. The Summer School is financially supported by the Volkswagen Stiftung.
The deadline is on 1 July 2020.
- Open to current PhD students & postdocs with an academic background in crop physiology; agronomy; agricultural engineering; soil science; environmental science, or similar with experience working with smallholder farmers in semi-arid West Africa are encouraged to apply
- Applicants should be West African or German nationals, or currently study in Germany and conduct research in West Africa
- Applications can be made in English or French
- The application language will be used to place selected candidates in project and tutorial groups
- Your application should include a CV, a cover letter, a motivation letter, contact information of two references, and a scan of PhD degree or proof of enrollment in PhD studies
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.