United Nations Youth Assembly Internships
The United Nations Youth Assembly is now accepting applications for 2017 fall and winter Internships. Responsibilities for interns include assisting UN staff with contacting Permanent Missions to the UN to coordinate group visits; helping in coordinating Permanent Mission visits and briefings during the Youth Assembly; contacting colleges and universities, and setting up meetings with interested delegation partners.
- Candidates must be university graduates or young professionals who are willing to assist in organizing Youth Assemblies at the United Nations;
- Interns must be available to work in office – located in Greenwich, Connecticut – and commit to up to 20 hours per week;
- 1-2 years of relevant internship and/or work experience preferred;
- Experience working with the UN or Permanent Missions to the UN preferred;
- Global perspective and strong cultural awareness.
The selected candidates should exhibit excellent multi-tasking skills; attractive personalities; and track records demonstrating initiative and drive.
In order to apply, please send an email with a copy of your resume and at least two references from former professional or academic employers.
Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships
The Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program is looking for early and mid-career researchers whose studies aim at educational sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, family studies, media studies, political sciences, linguistics, neurosciences, and medical sciences.
The most talented researchers working on child and youth development will receive scholarships to cover the expenses of research, equipment, professional travel, and related activities to take place at Zurich, Switzerland. Besides the scholarship, the programs provide fellows with workshops and events. Deadline: 31st March, 2017
- Fellows will be selected based on their research accomplishments, creativity, and potential to become leaders in the scientific community.
In the years 2016–2020 the Jacobs Foundation will focus on three thematic priorities: “Science of learning”, “Early education”, “Rural livelihoods”.
Young Leaders Program 2017
Young people from all over the world are invited to participate in the Young Leaders Program held by the European Commission at this year’s European Development Days (EDD 2017). The event will take place in Brussels on 7 and 8 June, 2017.
Participants in the Young Leaders Program will focus on the international community’s strategic response to the most pressing global challenges of the day, as part of the international effort to meet the Commission’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This year’s forum – Investing in Development – will include three main themes: Investing in People and the Planet, Investing in Prosperity, and Investing in Peace and Partnerships.
The selected Young Leaders will be invited to Brussels, Belgium, and all expenses (Visa, travel, accommodation) will be covered by the European Commission. The deadline for the application is March 9, 2017
- Candidates must be aged 21-26;
- The European Commission is looking for extraordinary young people from across the world, with proven commitment and community engagement, to represent the work and impact on development achieved by youth.
Hive Africa Global Leaders Program
The Hive Africa Global Leaders Program is designed for purpose-driven leaders. The program has already brought together more than 1000 alumni entrepreneurs from 100 countries who are working on creating a better world. This year the event will take place in Abuja, Nigeria on April 19-22, 2017.
The Hive Africa Global Leaders Program (GLP) will provide you, its participants, with:
- Clarity: Get clarity on your purpose, goals, habits, and action plan for the next phase of your life.
- Confidence: Join a lifelong global network of leaders who will support you through the challenging times encountered in your journey.
- Community: Re-imagine the world together with a brilliant, diverse, and caring group of entrepreneurs, scientists, engineers, technologists, artists, activists, academics, athletes, writers, teachers, architects, executives, investors, international development professionals, and political leaders.
Hive Global Leaders attendees so far include CEOs of $250 million companies, award-winning Ashoka Fellows, elected leaders, neuroscientists, Olympic Gold Medalists, Rwandan genocide-survivors turned inspiring public speakers, technology entrepreneurs, Harvard and Stanford professors, Sudanese refugees turned scientists, renewable energy investors, Nepalese activists, World Economic Forum Young Global Leaders, IDEO design thinkers, top engineers from Facebook, Google, and Apple, World Bank and UN researchers, venture capitalists, Virgin Galactic astronauts, and many more extraordinary leaders working to create a better world. Deadline: 19th March, 2017
- All candidates aged 20 and over are welcome to apply;
- The conference is open to directors, managers, young graduates, investors, innovators and achievers in general.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.