Call for volunteers: the Winter Olympic Games 2018, South Korea
Organizers of the Winter Olympic Games and the Paralympic Games 2018 in South Korea are looking for volunteers from all over the world! Positions available for volunteers involve such spheres as media, medical service, sports, translation, customer service, IT, etc. The event is expected to bring together more than 20,000 volunteers: 16,000 and 6,400 volunteers for the Winter Olympics and the Winter Paralympics, respectively. Volunteers will work 5 days/week for three weeks during the Olympics and 5 days/week for two weeks during the Paralympics. The deadline for applications is 31 December, 2017.
All expenses for food, accommodation, uniforms, and transfers to and from the venue are covered by the Organizing Committee; airfare is not covered.
- Volunteers must be 18 or older at the time of the Olympics;
- Experience volunteering at international sporting and cultural events and knowledge of world languages (especially the Korean language) are preferable;
- Preference will be given to those candidates who are willing to volunteer both at the Olympics and the Paralympics and who have skills that are essential for each particular position (work experience is an advantage).
To apply fill out the form and create your account on the official website.
A Sir John Soane’s Museum Fellowship for students enrolled in arts- and architecture-related programs
Every year the Sir John Soane’s Museum in London offers scholarships for students who are enrolled in architecture, interior design, art history, or arts programs. The $5,000 grant allows students to come to London to conduct research related to the work of Sir John Soane or the work of the museum.
All scholarship winners should manage their grant at their own discretion, which means that accommodation, airfare, and all the customary expenses arising can be covered by the grant. There are no limits regarding the length of stay. However, the research project must be finished within a one-year period after receiving the scholarship. A report on the research accomplished must be submitted to the organizers by the end of the project. Deadline is 1 March, 2017.
- Candidates must be students who are currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in architecture, interior design, art history, or the arts;
- Three letters of recommendation, as well as documents that prove enrollment in a specific program should be enclosed with your application.
For more information and the mailing address of the museum visit the website.
Executive Education Training Program in China Offers Grants for Students from Developing Countries
West Virginia University (WV, USA), and Global Law Initiatives for Sustainable Development (United Kingdom) have set up a Summer Institute in China – an Executive Education Training Program to be held in Beijing, China July 8 – August 5, 2017. The Program consists of two parallel curricula: “Summer Institute on Climate Change, Energy, and Environmental Protection” (SICCEP) and “Summer Institute on Intellectual Property Rights and China” (IP-China).
The Summer Institute also includes a broad offer of internships in China, Europe, and other countries for the youngest participants, as well as job offers for the professionals and executive participants. Deadline is 28 February, 2018.
To participate in the selection process, the following documentation needs to be submitted (in English):
- Curriculum vitae with a section devoted to the details of university exams, grades and dates;
- Personal statement, to be written by the candidate in English;
- Photo in electronic format.
The Summer Institute in China has received a donation to favor the participation of students and professionals from developing and least developing countries. In case a scholarship or a tuition waiver is requested, the applicant has to submit a supplementary motivation letter specifying his/her own real need of a waiver. The selection committee will evaluate the demands of scholarships and waivers based on the profiles of the candidates. The partner institutions will provide some scholarships to the applicants regularly enrolled in one of the partner institutions. Furthermore, a small number of partial waivers will be granted at the end of the summer program as a prize to those students who have achieved the best performance during the Summer Institute in China.
For more information visit the website.
MASDAR Institute Full Scholarships 2017 for Graduate Studies in the UAE
Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, the world’s first graduate-level university dedicated to providing real-world solutions to issues, offers full scholarships for graduate studies in the UAE. Qualified Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants to Masdar Institute will be provided with full scholarship benefits upon admission.
The Masdar Institute Scholarship benefits include 100% of all tuition fees, textbooks, a laptop, reimbursement of GRE and TOEFL exam/test fees, Masdar Institute housing, a monthly stipend, health insurance, and annual return ticket home (if applicable). Deadline is 31 May 2017.
In order to apply, participants should provide the following documents:
- A relevant undergraduate degree in science, engineering, or IT from a recognized and accredited university and a minimum CGPA of 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) or equivalent (for Masters);
- A relevant undergraduate and Master’s degree in science, engineering or IT from a recognized and accredited university and a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in the undergraduate degree and a minimum CGPA of 3.2 in the master’s degree, or equivalent (for Doctoral);
- A minimum TOEFL of 91 on the internet-based test (iBT) or equivalent paper/computer-based scores, or a minimum academic IELTS score of 6.5;
- A minimum GRE Quantitative score of 155 (700 on the old scale);
- 3 Recommendation Letters;
- Statement of Objectives;
- Research proposal (for Doctoral);
- Copy of undergraduate/graduate transcripts;
- Statement of Objectives;
- Research proposal (for PhD applicants);
- Copy of GRE and TOEFL (or IELTS) scores;
- Copy of CV (including education, list of publications, awards, professional experience, etc.);
- JPEG of passport-sized photo not more than 100K in size;
- Name and email address of 3 referees.
In order to apply, please fill out the online application.