Innovative tools and techniques are required in order to inform public about hazards and protective actions against nuclear and radiological emergencies. This requires maintaining public trust, preventing panic, minimizing rumours, and responding to misinformation.
This year’s competition offers the following themes:
- Emergency Preparedness And Response
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Public Communication Channels And Tools In Emergencies
- Social Media
- Effective Communication
- Psychology Of Communication
- Coordination Of Information
- Communicating In Different Types Of Emergencies
- “Am I Safe?”
- Lessons Learnt From Past Emergencies
Five finalists will be invited to Vienna, Austria to present their innovative concepts and the International Symposium on October 1-5, 2018. The IAEA will cover travel and daily subsistence allowance.
- Candidates aged 18-25 are eligible to submit their applications. Applicants should be citizens from IAEA Member States. Entries must be submitted in English, and only one submission per person is allowed;
- Students and early career professionals in the government and non-government sectors engaged in crisis communication, strategy, emergency response, social media management, outreach, public and international communication, first aid organisations, etc are encouraged to apply.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.