Call for journalists: Established with a $4 million gift from the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, the Fund supports projects including educational opportunities, investigative reporting and media development initiatives.
The fund is not limited in either the grant dollar amount or the number of grants awarded within the annual total. Applicants and grantees retain their intellectual property rights throughout their relationship with the IWMF.
An applicant must identify as a woman and be a full-time professional practicing journalist with more than 3 years of post-graduate journalism experience. If applicable, teams of journalists may apply, but the team leader must be a woman journalist and the group must include at least 50 percent women.
The fund was designed to help women journalists from around the world by providing grantees support to
- Expose under-reported but critical global issues
- Undertake ambitious projects that challenge traditional media narratives
- Develop field-based expertise and strengthen careers
- Pursue critical skills training and leadership opportunities
- Launch entrepreneurial news projects or acquire the skill to do so
Applicants must be prepared to provide their CV, brief description of the project or opportunity you are seeking funding for, estimated budget and time frame.
Read more here.