WWF Youth Volunteer Internship Programme has an opening for a Graphic Design volunteer to be based in Myanmar.
Become a Graphic Design Volunteer
WWF-Myanmar was established in 2014 with the aim to support Myanmar’s development with a focus on spatial planning and biodiversity conservation in parallel with ecosystem services protection and sustainable livelihoods, to achieve a green economy.
Purpose of the job
The Graphic Design Volunteer will support WWF-Myanmar by creating flagship products and data visualizations with showcase WWFs’ conservation work and brand.
The volunteer will be based in our Yangon office.
Responsibilities and Duties
The position will include the following responsibilities and duties:
- Design communication materials for printing and electronic distribution;
- Work to a brief and tailor for different audiences;
- Liaise with programme teams to gather and analysing scientific data and create innovate data visualization materials including illustrations, infographics, charts and other graphic elements;
- Manage creation of flagship reports – from concept to delivery;
- Layout and design information and communication materials including banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, bulletins, flyers, cards;
- Support key events and campaigns communications as required;
- Ensure that all publications, reports and products are produced in line with WWF’s branding guidelines generally and WWF-Myanmar communication products specifically.
- Pursuing a degree in graphic design, art & design, communications or related field with a strong interest in conservation. Graphic design experience required.
- Essential: knowledge of and experience in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, etc.
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and colour management
- Show a clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements of a non-profit organization
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms
- Able to work both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with budget constraints
- Willingness to travel as required
- Excellent English (spoken and written). Conversational Burmese language an asset
Interested? Please send the application form and your CV to this email address.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.