Google Podcasts Creator Program 2020
Google Podcasts Creator Program 2020 is a partnership between Google and PRX that trains, mentors, and provides resources to underrepresented voices in podcasting around the world. Last year, they welcomed early-stage producers from Brazil, Chile, Colombia, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Spain, and the United States. This year, the program will serve creators from around the globe who have produced at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019, and who want to advance their skills and take their productions to the next level.
This free 12-week training will be entirely virtual and conducted by PRX alongside international industry experts and Google Podcasts creator program alumni. Participants in the program will receive training on topics such as storytelling, sound design, and reaching audiences through marketing and engagement. Additionally, they will receive equipment and software to help meet independent production needs amid the challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic. Funding of up to $12,000 will be provided for the production-related expenses.
The deadline is on 2 August 2020.
- The program is open to podcasters from around the world
- You should have published at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019
- Candidates should be willing to pause production during the program
- Please indicate your availability for one of the following cohorts:
- Cohort 1: 21 September – 4 December 2020
- Cohort 2: 25 January 2021 – 16 April 2021
- Cohort 3: 3 May 2021 – 23 July 2021
Find out more about Google Podcasts Creator Program 2020.
Photo: Shutterstock / Edited by: Martina Advaney
Check out similar opportunities here.