International coproductions are a perfect example of of artistic collaboration involving partnership and dialogue. The Goethe-Institut set up a fund to promote new working networks between countries. Artists are invited to apply for the €25,000 funding for their cultural project. The deadline is October 15, 2019
Apply for Fund for Artists
This fund for artists is intended for coproductions by artists in the fields of theatre, dance, music and performance art, in which hybrid and interdisciplinary formats and the use of digital media may be key components.
The target group comprises professional artists and ensembles abroad and in Germany, which demonstrably lack sufficient resources to realize their coproduction project on their own.
The International Coproduction Fund promotes projects of a high artistic calibre and with considerable public impact. The amount of funding requested should not exceed €25,000.
- Projects between German and non-European partners, in particular from transition countries, are preferred;
- An application should include a feasible financial plan which, in addition to third-party funding, should show the substantial contributions of all the project partners involved.
Criteria used for the evaluation are
- The projects submitted should embrace only the performing arts (no outright film or exhibition projects)
- Relevance of the participating artists in their respective scenes
- Budget indicating project partners’ own contributions / third party funds and a solid financial plan
- Realisation of at least one performance outside Germany, if possible also one in Germany
Projects between German and non-European partners, especially from transition countries, will be preferred (applications from Austria and Switzerland cannot be considered)
The application form is only available in English and applications can only be submitted in English.
Read more here.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.