The Youth Summit will take place from 20 to 26 April in Miyazaki, Japan and will bring together 230 youth from all over the world to connect, collaborate, and share experiences about their work and interest in biodiversity conservation. The deadline is on 5 February 2020.
Apply for Global Youth Biodiversity Network Summit
The goals of the 2020 Global Youth Biodiversity Network Summit in Miyazaki are to:
- Bring together youth from around the world who are active in biodiversity
- Consolidate a youth position for the post-2020 global biodiversity framework
- Work together to create plans of action to strengthen the youth roadmap for this decade and beyond
- Kick-start a youth-led implementation action plan for 2020-2030 to support the framework
- Celebrate 10 years of youth engagement in the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and United Nations Decade on Biodiversity
Youth from developing countries and, subject to availability of resources, other youth in need of assistance may be eligible to receive support from the organizers for the costs of transportation to/from Miyazaki, accommodations, meals and/or other relevant expenses.
- Candidates must be an active member or coordinator of a youth organization/network/community that is working on Biodiversity on the local/national/regional/international level;
- Youth members must be between 18-30 years old and youth coordinators must be between 18-35 years old.
Read more here.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.