The goals of the 2020 Global Youth Biodiversity Summit in Miyazaki are to:
- Bring together youth from around the world who are active in biodiversity
- Consolidate a youth position for the post-2020 global biodiversity framework
- Work together to create plans of action to strengthen the youth roadmap for this decade and beyond
- Kick-start a youth-led implementation action plan for 2020-2030 to support the framework
- Celebrate 10 years of youth engagement in the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and United Nations Decade on Biodiversity
Youth from developing countries and, subject to availability of resources, other youth in need of assistance may be eligible to receive support from the organizers for the costs of transportation to/from Miyazaki, accommodations, meals and/or other relevant expenses.
- Candidates must be an active member or coordinator of a youth organization/network/community that is working on Biodiversity on the local/national/regional/international level;
- Youth members must be between 18-30 years old and youth coordinators must be between 18-35 years old.