This year’s issue areas for the videos include:
- Economic independence for women and girls
- Education for girls and women
- Ending child marriage
- Ending FGM
- Gender pay gap – equal pay
- Global health for women and girls
- Honest Beauty
- Maternal mortality
- Poverty affecting women and girls
- Refugee Stories of women and girls
- Sex trafficking and slavery of women and girls
- Stand Up Men
- Teen & child marriage
- Violence against women
- Women and girls in media
- Women and girls in STEM
- Women in business (leadership)
- Women and the environment (including water issues)
Prizes for category winners and runners-up are worth $2500 and $1000, respectively and the Judges’ Choice Grand Prize is worth $5000.
- High school and undergraduate students of all genders are eligible to submit the entries. If chosen as a finalist, filmmakers must provide proof of enrollment at their school/university. (Special circumstances may be considered for youth who are not in school.)
- Filmmakers must be 25 years old or under by the submission date of January 20, 2020.
- You may enter up to two films as long as they address two separate topics. Actors and film subjects may be non-students. Powerpoints will not be accepted.