The Gabr Fellowship connects emerging leaders in the areas of art, science, finance, tech, business, media, law, and both social and business entrepreneurship. All applicants must be 23 to 35 years of age. Also, you must be a citizen of the U.S., Egypt, the U.K., France, Jordan, or Lebanon. The fellowship is organized by The East-West: The Art of Dialogue initiative. It connects future leaders from the Arab world and the West.
The 2020 program will take place between August 28 and September 9 in Egypt, and between September 19 and September 30 in the United States. During the course of the exchange, Fellows engage with high-level business leaders in various industries including technology, members of the media, government officials, scientists, and academics.
Fellows will have the chance to meet with representatives from the UN, the Arab League, the Egyptian Parliament, the World Bank, the White House, Congress, and much more. The Foundation covers all lodging, travel, and meals.
The deadline is on 30 April 2020
- We accept applications from the United States, Egypt, the UK, Jordan, Lebanon, and France
- All applicants need to be between 24 and 35 years of age
- Egyptian applicants cannot have visited the United States previously, and United States applicants cannot have traveled to Egypt
- If you are an applicant from France, the UK, Jordan, or Lebanon you should not have visited the US or Egypt
- All applicants must have English language proficiency
Photo: Shutterstock / edited by: Martina Advaney