The Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition (EBPC) offers an opportunity to entrepreneurs and investors alike. Through its ecosystem, the EBPC celebrates meaningful innovations that address persistent and emerging problems in education. The EBPC has already awarded over $1,000,000 in cash prizes since 2010. The deadline to apply is on 13 February.
The EBPC welcomes entrepreneurs with innovative ideas in education in areas of focus including:
- Urban Education
- Connecting Research to Practice
- Teaching & Learning
- Technology in Grades K through 12
- Special Education & At-Risk Students
- Open & Collaborative Solutions: The Education Ecosystem
- Online & Distance Learning in Higher Education
- Global/Borderless Education Solutions
- Early Childhood Education
- Workforce Learning
Round 1 is open to applicants who currently generate revenue, grants, customers, or investors, as well as those with well-conceived plans to do so.
Semi-Finalists selected from Round 1 will receive:
- 1-on-1 Mentorship with industry specialists
- Free access to Catalyst Bootcamps that explore essentials of startup strategies and plans for growth
- Showcase your venture and receive valuable feedback at a thought leadership event concurrent with ISTE in Philadelphia
- Opportunities to take your business idea to the next level
Finalists will be invited to present the business plan orally at the University, before judges.
The competition is open to candidates worldwide. A business plan based upon an idea or concept that has been previously published is eligible, provided the Applicant discloses the previous publication(s).
All entries must be submitted in the English language.