Apply for Training For Youth Workers
Training For Youth Workers: Most of the youth workers want to be good leaders and have leadership skills: to be inspiring and motivating, have clear vision and goals, to be able to lead a team.
You can learn about leadership from books, training courses, seminars, TED talks, and youtube videos.
However, it is a long-term practice and training that is essential for becoming a youth leader.
This course is based on the experiential and outdoor learning methodology that organizers have been using since 2006. They put stress on practical training with real effects rather than learning theoretical background. The ratio of practical training to theory is 80:20.
The training course is supported by the Erasmus+ program. Accommodation and food are fully covered.
Travel expenses are covered according to the distance calculator.
Participation fee is €150. You will get €100 back if you take part in all phases of the project.
- First phase: Find the leader inside 21 – 29 January 2017 – Challenge yourself for 2 nights winter outdoor experience, get to know yourself better, and reflect on your leadership skills;
- Interphase: Work on your leadership development goals and plan your project;
- Second phase: Become a better leader 19 – 23 April 2017 – Develop and practice your leadership skills and get inspired by others;
- Interphase: Plan and realize your personal project;
- Third phase: Leading the future 24 – 27 August 2017 – Evaluate your project and leadership skills and plan future steps.
Organizers are looking for 24 participants who:
- want to improve in leading youngsters and youth worker colleagues;
- want to feel more confident while leading activities for youth;
- want to raise and keep inner motivation of youngsters;
- want to create own project linked to youth work (e.g. implement changes at your work; prepare and lead new project for youth; …);
- are willing to work on self-development and reflect on learning process;
- are ready to take part in the whole project cycle (3 meetings, individual work between);
- come from or live in following countries: Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy and Spain;
- are older than 18 years;
- speak fluent English (minimum B2);
- work with youth regularly.
Read more here.