The theme of the 2017-19 Public Leadership Program is Public Leadership for Culturally Diverse Societies: The Inclusion Imperative. The two-year program begins with a full-time residential experience in Montreal with a dozen select Public Leadership Fellows. This is followed by a field phase, in which Fellows return to their respective communities and countries in order to apply the skills and new ideas developed during the residential phase. Fellows benefit from intensive leadership development training and support during the residential year and some ongoing support from one another and the Foundation during the field year.
- Be between 25 and 30 years of age (inclusive);
- Have completed at least one university degree;
- Possess high oral and written proficiency in English (French language skills are an asset);
- Have at least 3 years of full-time professional experience;
- Have a strong record of leadership benefitting a particular community or cause in the public interest.
The Jeanne Sauvé Fellows are provided with a fellowship. They are also given accommodation in the Sauvé House at no cost. The Foundation reimburses all reasonable visa/permit and economy fare travel costs incurred by participants in the course of their visa/permit applications.
The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, October 21, 2016, MIDNIGHT GMT-4. Applications will be processed as they are received.