The freshwater intern will work closely with the Freshwater Coordinator, in order to achieve the organizations’ objectives in terms of protected area management and wetland restoration in Romania.
- Support the freshwater team in managing the Natura 2000 sites Blahnita and Garla Mare by analyzing the technical documentations submitted by local entrepreneurs for issuing the custodian permits;
- Assist in identifying and provide a comprehensive research on potential areas for restoration situated on Danube floodplain and Danube Delta (abandoned fishfarms, degraded agriculture lands, etc);
- Assist in communication with fishermen communities along the Danube and Danube Delta;
- Organize and participate in field trips;
- Support drafting documents: writing, translating, editing specific materials;
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders.
- Interest in the natural world and WWF’s core mission;
- University degree in natural sciences (ecology, biology, geography, aquaculture, etc), sound knowledge of river ecology;
- At least 1 years of basic experience in the freshwater field;
- General knowledge of freshwater national legislation will be an advantage;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Romania language.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.