What is FameLab? The juries want to find the science communication stars of tomorrow, who can really show off their area of expertise in a fascinating and engaging way.
The national champion from each participating country will receive an invitation to the Cheltenham Science Festival in the UK.
There they will join an exclusive two-day masterclass led by expert UK trainers.
They also get the chance to compete for the title of FameLab International Champion 2019.
- Heats in the UK will take place between January 2018 and March 2019. In order to enter, please visit a website of your local British Council office;
- The following countries took part in: Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Korea, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, and UK.
Entrants must be 21 years old or older, studying or working in science, engineering, technology, medicine or mathematics.
FameLab is trying to find people who want to talk about their science, not the people who have already shifted into science communication or promotion as a full-time career.
The rules behind each FameLab are few, but crucial:
- You have 3 minutes to present any scientific, engineering, mathematical or medical topic of your choice
- You cannot use a PowerPoint, other electronic presentation or audio recording
- You can only use the props that you can carry onto stage yourself (there will be no time for set up)
- If you make it through the Heats to the Regional Final you have to prepare a second presentation (which can be on the same topic but must be demonstrably different in content)
Read more here.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.