In an effort to keep the public informed on life-changing scientific breakthroughs, the Falling Walls Fellowship for Journalists was created. This year the Falling Walls Foundation is offering two types of Fellowships for science journalists: The Falling Walls Science Fellowship for journalists and the Berlin Science Week Fellowship.
The Falling Walls Science Fellowship
Fellowship for a journalist: The Fellows get the opportunity to attend all Falling Walls events on 8 and 9 November in Berlin.
Falling Walls Lab, Falling Walls Venture, Falling Walls Engage and the Falling Walls Conference.
The fellowship includes:
- travel expenses (economy class),
- hotel accommodation for 3 nights,
- conference fees and meals (breakfast at hotel, catering during the Falling Walls events).
- The Falling Walls Science Fellowship for Journalists is aimed at journalists and bloggers with at least three years of experience who hope to advance their knowledge in the area of sciences. Freelance and full-time journalists or bloggers can apply;
- Professionals in fields such as research, teaching, public relations and advertising are not eligible;
- The applicants must have a minimum of three years professional journalism/blogging experience in which they have written about the science topics.
The Berlin Science Week Fellowship
The Berlin Science Week Fellows are invited to attend events of the fourth Berlin Science Week as well as the programme of the Falling Walls Conference (Falling Walls Lab, Venture, Engage, Welcome Reception on 8 November and Conference on 9 November).
The Fellowship for journalist Programme is a possibility to connect with Berlin-based and international scientific institutions and to network with colleagues from all over the world.
The programme also includes a guided tour to selected scientific institutions in Berlin and participation in the Berlin Science Award ceremony on 7 November, hosted by the Governing Mayor of Berlin.
- Science journalists with a minimum of three years professional journalism/blogging experience in which they have written about the science topics.
The fellowship includes:
- hotel accommodation for 4 nights (including breakfast),
- free tickets to the Falling Walls events on 8/9 November,
- free meals during the events and
- participation at the Berlin Science Week.
- Please note: The fellowship does not cover travel expenses to and from Berlin.
Read more here.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.