Apply for the Facebook Fellowship Program
The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students.
Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record and recommendation letters.
Facebook Fellowship Award includes tuition and fees paid for up to two years, $37K grant per year, up to $5,000 in conference travel support, and a paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit.
Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Privacy and Ethics
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Instagram/Facebook App Well-being and Safety
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Structured Data Stores
- Systems for Machine Learning
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country;
- Students’ work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines;
- Applications must include a 500-word research summary, resume or CV, and two letters of recommendation.
Read more here.