Apply for Bursary Program
The goal of the Bursary Program is to welcome and represent diverse emerging talent and encourage a new generation of Congress members.
Producers and content creators working in all science and non-fiction media are encouraged to apply including those working in digital media, social media and gaming.
Qualified applicants will be selected to receive one of the following tiers of support for Congress ’19 in Tokyo, Japan from December 2 – 5, 2019:
Full Bursary (Tier 1)
- Full registration for the Congress ’19 in Tokyo, Japan
- Travel and accommodation
- Formal introduction at the Congress’ opening plenary
- Guaranteed one-on-one meetings with decision makers
- Orientation session with leading producers to help facilitate the most effective WCSFP experience
- Tailored assistance and advice to successfully navigate WCSFP
- Discounted accreditation to attend Congress 2020 and 2021
Partial Bursary (Tier 2 – no travel support)
- Full registration for the 2019 Congress in Tokyo, Japan;
- Formal introduction at the Congress’ opening plenary;
- Orientation session with leading producers to help facilitate the most effective WCSFP experience;
- Tailored assistance and advice to successfully navigate WCSFP.
- Discounted accreditation to attend Congress 2020 and 2021.
- Applicants must be first time WCSFP attendees under the age of 35;
- A one-page application statement detailing the applicant’s involvement in science, history or non-fiction media, including a description of his/her most recent project and his/her goals for attending Congress should be provided along with the CV and short bio that outlines the applicant’s experience as a producer;
- A letter of support from a broadcaster or senior producer. In lieu of a letter of support digital media content creators may submit a letter detailing their audience reach, including information on how they interact with their audiences and numbers indicating their audience and social media reach.
Read more here.