During international journalism traineeship you will be active in different DW’s broadcast language departments such as German, English, the Chinese, Farsi or Spanish department, and support them according to your language skills.
Regardless of the language you are working in you will be part of the editorial teams right from day one, writing and producing reports and conducting interviews for television, radio and online.
At the core of the training is a total of six months of theory and practice-oriented seminar blocks looking at everything from journalism basics and live reports to data-driven journalism and mobile reporting.
The traineeship includes:
- 18 months training;
- Trainee salary;
- International broadcaster in 30 languages;
- Crossmedia: TV, online and radio;
- Six months of seminar blocks;
- Internships in Berlin and Bonn;
- Placement with DW foreign bureau;
- International multimedia projects;
- Well-known media trainers.
- Open to young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster;
- Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or the sciences;
- English native speakers with a good working knowledge of German;
- German native speakers with an excellent working knowledge of English;
- Native speakers of another DW program language with a good, working knowledge of both English and German.
Read more here.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.