A challenge for the filmmakers worldwide! Submit a minute and a half video and get a Festival pass with all the trimmings, tickets to the popular Depict Showcase and the prestigious Awards Ceremony. The deadline is on 4 June 2020.
Depict is Watershed’s international short film online competition running since 1998 as part of Encounters Film Festival (Bristol, UK) – one of the world’s leading international festivals for short film, animation and virtual reality, and also an official gateway to the world’s most prestigious awards: the Academy Awards®, BAFTAs and the European Film Awards.
The deadline is on 4 June 2020.
- £2,500 (GBP) Cash Awards thanks to sponsors including The Royal Photographic Society and Aardman Animations
- Career development support from NFTS, BFI NETWORK and Channel 4’s Random Acts.
- Invaluable exposure and promotion through depict.org and at Encounters Film Festival – including a Festival pass with all the trimmings, tickets to the popular Depict Showcase and the prestigious Awards Ceremony
- Winning shorts get complimentary BBFC certification and are made available for theatrical screenings to exhibitors across the UK
Main criteria for International Short Film Online Competition
- The competition is open to anyone from anywhere in the world, and entry is absolutely free – but there is ONE simple rule: your film MUST be 90 seconds or less in duration
- Depict is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, drama, experimental or artist film and hybrid work. We do not accept advertisements
- Only films completed since January 2019 may be submitted
- The maximum number of entries per individual is five
- If the original language is not English, please ensure that the film includes English subtitles
Read more here.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.