A challenge for the filmmakers worldwide! Submit a minute and a half video and get a Festival pass with all the trimmings, tickets to the popular Depict Showcase and the prestigious Awards Ceremony. The deadline is on 4 June 2020.
Depict is Watershed’s international short film online competition running since 1998 as part of Encounters Film Festival (Bristol, UK) – one of the world’s leading international festivals for short film, animation and virtual reality, and also an official gateway to the world’s most prestigious awards: the Academy Awards®, BAFTAs and the European Film Awards.
The deadline is on 4 June 2020.
- £2,500 (GBP) Cash Awards thanks to sponsors including The Royal Photographic Society and Aardman Animations
- Career development support from NFTS, BFI NETWORK and Channel 4’s Random Acts.
- Invaluable exposure and promotion through depict.org and at Encounters Film Festival – including a Festival pass with all the trimmings, tickets to the popular Depict Showcase and the prestigious Awards Ceremony
- Winning shorts get complimentary BBFC certification and are made available for theatrical screenings to exhibitors across the UK
Main criteria for International Short Film Online Competition
- The competition is open to anyone from anywhere in the world, and entry is absolutely free – but there is ONE simple rule: your film MUST be 90 seconds or less in duration
- Depict is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, drama, experimental or artist film and hybrid work. We do not accept advertisements
- Only films completed since January 2019 may be submitted
- The maximum number of entries per individual is five
- If the original language is not English, please ensure that the film includes English subtitles
Read more here.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.