This incredible opportunity for international journalists from developing countries, allows for a 10 week reporting opportunity on the floor of the United Nations.
Are you a young journalist from a developing country looking for an opportunity to report on the United Nations? The Dag Hammarskjöld fellowships are open for applications each spring, for fully funded scholarships to report for 10 weeks on the general assembly.
The Dag Hammarskjöld fellowships were created through a fund, put together in 1961 by correspondents at the United Nations. The fellowships themselves are the main use of their fund— to support journalists from developing countries.
Each fellow will receive the opportunity to cover and report on the United Nations General Assembly for ten weeks each year.
The deadline will be announced with the next application opening.
- Currently live in and write for a media organization in a developing country.
- Between the ages of 25 and 35.
- Have a very good command of the English language since United Nations press conferences and many documents are in English only.
- Currently employed as professional journalists for print, television, radio or internet media organizations. Both full-time and freelance journalists are invited to apply.
- Have approval from their media organizations to spend up to three months in New York reporting from the United Nations.
- Receive a commitment from their media organizations that the reports they file during the term of the Fellowship will be used and that they will continue to be paid for their services.
The Fund will provide round-trip airfare to New York for all fellows; accommodations; health insurance for the duration of the fellowship, and a daily allowance to cover food and other necessities.
Find out more here.
Photo: ShutterStock / ID: 488385931
Interested in studying internationally on full scholarship in Sweden?
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.