The multi-institutional, interdisciplinary CREATE Program in Data Analytics and Visualization (DAV) at York University in Toronto offers a paid undergraduate summer school on big data science. The Summer School dates are May 19-22, 2020. The program covers transportation costs up to $1,300 CAD, and provides on-campus accommodations and meals. The deadline is on 9 March 2020.
Create Dav Program
The event includes talks by CREATE DAV faculty and industry experts on current research topics in big data science. As well as hands-on experience in York and OCAD U laboratories. The curriculum reflects the wide range of research areas to CREATE DAV.
Which includes research on:
- machine learning,
- data mining,
- signal processing,
- computer vision,
- image processing,
- computer graphics,
- virtual human modeling,
- serious games,
- natural language processing,
- human perception & cognition,
- visualization & design.
- The program accepts undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a career in the big data science;
- It is intended mainly for students who are planning to apply to graduate school in late 2020. And are interested in investigating interdisciplinary research aspects of the big data science;
- Citizens of all countries are eligible.
Maybe you are a perfect candidate
A successful candidate is a senior (year 3, preferably) undergraduate students that have a background in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Psychology, and Data Visualization.
Big data science and visualization is a highly interdisciplinary field. Anyone with a background in:
- Computer Science,
- or Psychology and a strong interest in pursuing graduate studies in the subject is encouraged to apply.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.