Since October 2014, the Congress has invited young people from different backgrounds – youth activists, youth workers, students to take part in its sessions, to have their say in the debates and to exchange with Congress members on the issues on the agenda. The deadline for submitting completed applications is 3 January 2020.
Apply for the Congress
The Congress is a pan-European political assembly and its role is to promote local and regional democracy, improve local and regional governance and strengthen authorities’ self-government.
Youth delegates must commit to taking part in the whole of the two 2020 sessions: on 15-19 March 2020 and on 25-29 October 2020.
The youth delegates will be selected by a selection panel which includes the Congress’ Spokespersons on Youth, the youth trainers and two members of the Council of Europe’s Advisory Council on Youth.
The panel will ensure that the selected applicants represent a balanced group with regard to gender, cultural background and experience.
The youth delegates’ travel and subsistence expenses will be covered by the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities according to the Council of Europe’s rules.
Accommodation will be provided and paid for by the organisers, in single-occupancy or shared rooms according to availability.
The organisers cannot cover the cost of accommodation elsewhere.
Applicants must submit a short video, via YouTube, of no more than 30 seconds, to support their application. The link to the video (title should contain only the applicant’s name and country) should be sent together with the application.
- be open, committed and motivated to develop and strengthen dialogue between young people and elected representatives at local/regional level;
- be between 18 and 30 years old;
- hold the passport of, and live in, the country they will represent;
- be active in youth work at local and regional levels;
- be able to multiply the information obtained during the session on their return home
- have good writing and public speaking skills
- be committed to working in an intercultural team.
Read more here.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.