WWF has an opening through its Youth Volunteer Internship Programme for a communications volunteer for a 6-month assignment with the WWF Cambodia. Deadline to apply is 30 September 2019
Volunteer with WWF in Cambodia
Selected volunteer with WWF in Cambodia will support the implementation of internal and external communications strategies and plans designed to promote:
- WWF’s on-the-ground activities and successes in Cambodia,
- and advocate for positive changes in favour of nature and people.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- PR & events – Support planning and execution of campaign and media plans including dam advocacy, Tiger Reintroduction, and other public campaigns
- Bi-monthly E-newsletter – work with conservation and communications staff to develop interesting stories and news articles and, together with associated images. Extended use of some of these articles is for upload onto the WWF-Cambodia website.
- Photo & Video asset management – working with communications staff (and/or expertise in WWF International and the Greater Mekong), support efforts to transition video and photo assets to the central digital asset management systems and to catalog photos and videos on country communications database.
- Website www.wwf.org.kh – with training, learn how to use the Content Management System (CMS) and post new stories including texts, photos, videos, as well as audios; carry out content updates and develop ideas and execute new online assets
- Awareness products – develop and deliver communications assets (e.g., interviews, photo and article stories, print materials, short films etc) that bring to life WWF work and advance our conservation agenda
- Social media strategy – working with communications colleagues at Phnom Penh and/or regional and Int offices, increase exposure of and interaction within the existing social media platform for WWF-Cambodia
- Conservation findings – proofread and edit reports and documents, and work with designers and printers as required. The work also involves organising packages for media plans consisting of summary write-up of reports, pulling together photo and video assets, and printing (media kits).
- Good level of English;
- Age Category: 19-27 years;
- Experience with managing / developing multi-media materials (photos & video) an asset
- Education and/or experience in media, journalism or online communications;
- Website management experience (content not technical), familiarity using an online content management system.
Volunteers will be based in Phnom Penh for 6 months.
How to apply?
Read more here.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.