290g of white flour
200 g of hazelnuts
190g of butter
100 g of caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1. Before starting the process, roast the hazelnuts in the oven so that the skin easily peals off. Then let them soak in hot water for about a half an hour. (The whole hazelnuts will later become part of the dough and will be cut in slices. By soaking them they will become softer and easier to cut).
2. In the meantime, mix all the other ingredients together and form a thick dough into which you will blend the prepared hazelnuts.
3. Store the dough in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
4. Form the dough into the shape of a roll (the diameter should be appx 4 – 5 cm) and cut into slices about half a centimeter thick.
5. Now place these circles on the baking tray with the baking paper and place in an oven that has been pre-heated to 180 C.
6. The cookies can be sprinkled with icing sugar.
Photos: Martina Advaney
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.