Check out these awards that recognize remarkable works of women in various fields.
The world is now aware of the immense power a woman holds in achieving what she wants. So to honor her efforts and also to motivate the women community as a whole, there are awards and scholarships. Youth Time Magazine brings you some of the most prestigious awards for women in this week’s opportunities’ digest.
The Women In News Editorial Leadership 2022
Nominations for Women In News Editorial Leadership are open for 2022. The Women in News Editorial Leadership Honor is a professional accomplishment award that acknowledges an editor’s extraordinary commitment to her newsroom – and, through her leadership, her newspaper’s service to society.
Women in News collaborates with media organizations and individuals to close the gender gap in the news media. The organization does it because it believes that having balanced newsrooms, boardrooms, and content is critical to developing sustainable news companies. The program encourages individuals and organizations to collaborate to pursue a more sustainable, long-lasting, and inclusive journalism sector.
The Women in News Editorial Leadership Award will be awarded to three outstanding women editors, representing Africa, the Arab Region and Southeast Asia, who are first amongst their peers in inspiring and paving the way forward for the next generation of leaders.
- Eligible nominees must hold a senior editorial role as of January 1, 2022.
- News media (newspapers, magazines, and digital-only) of all sizes from sub-Saharan Africa, the Arab Region, and Southeast Asia are encouraged to submit a nomination.
- The Laureate will possess a proven track record of success within her newsroom, has demonstrated uncompromising editorial integrity throughout her career, and have a solid commitment to the principles of press freedom and its power to promote democracy and good governance.
- They have a demonstrated commitment to gender equality, mentoring and lifting their staff members while building an organizational culture that embraces equality.
The last date to apply for the opportunity is May 2, 2022.
You can read more about the opportunity on the official website.
FINCAD Women In Finance Scholarship
Application are open for FINCAD Women In Finance Scholarship. Through the annual Women in Finance Scholarship opportunity, FINCAD, Zafin’s Capital Markets Group, stays committed to helping brilliant women in the capital markets.
The Women in Finance Scholarship is designed to encourage and support brilliant women in finance, particularly those seeking careers in financial asset management, market risk management, and derivatives finance in capital markets. FINCAD’s team is made up of the best and brightest quantitative financial analysts, software engineers, and support staff in the market. FINCAD provides unrivalled experience in derivatives finance, providing its customers with all of the tools and assistance they require to thrive.
Once a year, an award of $20,000 is given to one eligible woman to help support graduate-level studies in Finance, with 50% of the award being paid directly to the winner and the remaining 50% being paid to the educational institution to directly assist with tuition.
To be eligible for the 2022 scholarship, you must:
- Have commenced your post-graduate Finance studies no earlier than January 1, 2022 or no later than February 1, 2023.
- Be enrolled and attending the Master’s or Ph. D. in the Finance program on a full-time basis during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Have less than 10 years of total work experience, and less than five years of professional experience in the financial field.
The application deadline is May 31, 2022.
You can read in detail about the opportunity on the official website.
L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards
Scientists from all over the world are encouraged to recommend candidates for the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science (FWIS) International Awards in 2023.
The FWIS International Awards will recognise five exceptional scientific women researchers in physical sciences, mathematics, and computer science in 2023. At a ceremony in March 2023, each of the five laureates will receive a €100,000 reward for her contribution to breakthroughs in scientific research. Since the program’s inception in 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science International Awards have recognised 122 laureates, five of whom have also received the Nobel Prize.
Each of the laureates will receive €100,000.
- The candidate must be recognized for her scientific excellence by the international scientific community.
- Be actively involved in scientific research.
- Be involved in any field of Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science.
The last day to apply for the award is May 31, 2022.
You can read more about the opportunity here.
You might also like:
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.