The ArtsEverywhere Fellowship for Artistic Journalism is a year-long program of support for any individual artist / journalist / writer / musician / producer / collective whose work exhibits a commitment to integrating creative practice with rigorous journalistic research, writing, and multimedia production. The deadline is on 1 November 2019.
Apply for Fellowship for Artistic Journalism
ArtsEverywhere Fellowship for Artistic Journalism: Projects focused on locations in Africa, Asia, Australia, the South Pacific, South America and the Caribbean, or in under-reported parts of North America and Europe.
The fellow will be expected to attend 2-3 introductory calls in January and to attend the ArtsEverywhere Festival, January 23-26, 2020, in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
The fellow will receive $15,000 CAD as a fee and $5,000 CAD for travel, equipment and other project costs.
Fellows will be required to present a mid-project progress report and participate in the 2021 ArtsEverywhere Festival in a programmatic capacity TBD (funds to attend the festival will be provided separately by ArtsEverywhere).
Candidates must provide the following documents:
- Cover letter (1 page) single spaced, resume/cv, short bio
- Story Pitch (500 words, can be accompanied by appendixes that clarify concept)
- Diagram (a drawing/sketch/visual treatment) of your story idea that illustrates the narrative structure, arc, and connectivity with sources and potential partner outlets)
- Work samples (2 previous projects that can be evaluated within the parameters of the fellowship objectives and requirements)
- A letter of reference (additional letters will be accepted, but are not required)
- Website, digital portfolio, any links to previous or related work
Read more here.
All your donations will be used to pay the magazine’s journalists and to support the ongoing costs of maintaining the site.