The forum is organised by the Turkish National Commission for UNESCO and the Istanbul Site Management Directorate, its main topic is “At the Crossroads of Multi-Layered Heritage”.
Young representatives, aged from 22 to 28 will have the opportunity to exchange ideas, contribute to the discussions and immerse themselves in topics within the scope of multi-layered heritage. The Forum seeks to deepen youth knowledge and understanding the importance of:
- the implementation of the World Heritage Convention,
- the working methods of the World Heritage Committee,
- the challenges and opportunities of the protection of multi-layered World Heritage sites.
Scheduled activities include: visits to World Heritage sites, including Bursa and Cumalıkızık, with the international heritage experts; workshops on different aspects emerging from the multi-layered sites; practical hands-on activities with timber and stone work for the protection and maintenance of the World Heritage site in Istanbul; experts and young representatives’ presentations; participation in discussions on the state of conservation of properties and practicing the Youth Model simulation.
- Fluent in English;
- Citizenship of one of the 21 Member States of the current World Heritage Committee;
- Involvement in heritage-related fields such as; World Heritage Studies (Landscape), Architecture, Urban Planning, Constructional Engineering, Archaeology, Sociology, Intangible Cultural Heritage, Anthropology, Ethnology, Ethnography, Economy, History, Art History, Communication, Law, Tourism, Natural and Cultural Heritage, Geography, International Relations
- Motivated, active and driven individuals interested to implement the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.