As a research-based campaigning organization, investigating and documenting human rights issues is fundamental to our advocacy and lobbying work. The European Union team requires a researcher to take the lead in initiating and conducting strategic human rights research on Western Europe, in particular in the UK, Ireland, The Netherlands and the Nordic countries, by providing regional and thematic expertise, excellent research skills and sound political judgement.
You will be required to conduct and co-ordinate research activities, monitor, investigate and analyze political, legal and social developments and human rights conditions, give authoritative advice on these areas and prepare human rights action materials including the writing of the human rights reports. In addition to a geographical focus, this role will have a thematic focus on women’s human rights, within the countries of focus as well as in the wider European region.
- Extensive experience of working on women’s human rights;
- First-hand in-depth knowledge and experience of working within this region and listed countries and experience of in-depth, on the ground human rights research;
- Background in law, journalism, academia or activism with the ability to identify and thoroughly investigate those issues and ensure our voice has authority;
- Proven research and communication skills, impartial political judgement, coupled with strong strategic thought;
- Fluency in English essential, great preference for fluency in at least one other European language as well.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.