Each Visiting Fellow has two academic hosts who are working on a related theme and who help them to settle in and establish contacts with the research community in Finland. Visits are supported with a monthly grant of 3300 € (in the academic year 2018–2019).
- The fellowship program is intended for scholars who carry out research in a field relevant to the Aleksanteri Institute’s multidisciplinary research profile on Russia and Eastern Europe, and whose place of residence is outside Finland;
- Applicants can be at any career stage but must hold a PhD degree;
- The degree must be granted by February 13, 2018;
- Grant-holders are required to have an excellent command of English.
Upload the following material to the electronic application form as a single PDF file:
- A letter of introduction that (a) states the purpose of the research stay, (b) describes how the fellowship would benefit the research of the applicant, and (c) describes how the applicant would contribute to the Aleksanteri Institute’s research agenda.
- A research plan of no more than 2500 words that consists of the following sections:
Background and objectives of the research you are working on at the time of the proposed visit and work plan for the proposed visit that specifies which part of the research you intend to carry out.
- The applicant’s CV – a maximum of four pages.
- A list of relevant publications by the applicant.