The Africa Policy and Partnership Department provides high level analysis, recommendations, strategic information, representation and support for policy and advocacy for a range of intergovernmental processes to help WWF Network deliver priority conservation outcomes. To that effect, it ensures effective and efficient engagement of WWF in key policy frameworks, conventions and institutional partnerships in the Africa region.
The Africa Policy and Partnership Intern contributes to the implementation of WWF’s Africa Policy and Partnership FY20 objectives, and more specifically supports Africa’s engagement with the WWF’s 2020 + strategy framework, and WWF Africa’s FY 20 workplan.
- University undergraduate or graduate in International Relations/Development, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Law, public relations or other related fields.
- Experience of internship/volunteer-ship with conservation or development organisations.
- Age Category: 19-27 years
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of French will be an asset;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined, and Engaging.
The internship will be held in WWF Cameroon, based in Yaoundé. Assignment dates: 1 September 2019 to 28 February 2020.
In order to apply, please complete the online Application Form.