Enter Lead 2030 Challenge
The Lead 2030 Challenge aims to find and support solutions that will contribute to the future of sustainable agriculture by supporting and enabling farmers to reduce their emissions and/or help adaptation and resilience against the climate challenges of this decade and beyond.
The deadline is on 20 March 2020
The challenge welcomes solutions from young innovators that:
- Improve the climate resilience of crops through sustainable practices
- Reduce on-farm GHG emissions, water or energy use through new technologies (e.g. digital solutions)
- Support farmers in fostering innovation and improving access to information, raising awareness of climate risks and new skills training
- Farm to fork (and bottle!): Whole supply chain solutions to reduce GHG emissions or integrate circular principles beyond the farm to the endpoint of farmed produce consumption
The winning solution will receive a US$50,000 grant from Asahi and 12 months of mentorship from a team of Asahi professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organization, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
The project must meet the following evaluating criteria:
- Evidently aligned with the SDG13 challenge
- Founded by a person aged 18 – 30
- Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out
- Readily available, in or past implementation phase
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills
- Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract
- Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions
Read more here.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as we can.