If you are currently a member of YSEALI, and are interested in creating change in your community, apply today to be a part of the Women's Leadership Academy.
The eighth annual conference for women’s leadership is being held for women out of Southern Asia. The skills that women learn during the conference enhance their communication and leadership skills, and make it possible for them to achieve their goals working on human rights issues. They also gain the knowledge to spot gender imbalance and discrimination around the world, and in their respective countries. The academy also creates a network for young women in the region who are working to create a better world.
- YSEALI Member
- Age between 20 – 35 (at the time of application and workshop)
- Citizen of: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam
- If you are living outside of Southeast Asia you may apply for the workshop and join the virtual program. However, flights for the in-person workshop will only be covered for participants currently residing in Southeast Asia.
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Working on the below human rights issues, including advocacy for minority groups, with a minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Ethnic and religious minorities
- People with disabilities
- Indigenous communities
- LGBTQI+ communities
- Other professional or academic experiences that are involved in and not limited to, activities/work in gender equity, media and press freedom, peace and security, sustainable development and other fields relevant to advancing civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights
- Bonus points may be given for: Specific voluntary or professional experiences advocating for a human rights cause and/or people from a marginalized community (for example, fighting to increase the awareness of or expand the civil rights of people with intersex conditions, people with disabilities, people who identify as transgender, members of indigenous communities, or gays, lesbians, and bisexuals); Having a personal connection to a marginalized community
- Passionate about building communities and have a keen interest in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian countries
- The ability to commit to a minimum of 36 hours of workshop sessions from the Academy’s agenda in August 2022
- Have a valid passport that expires after November 2022
The deadline for submitting your form and application is December 28th, 2021. The participants will be notified of their acceptance in the last week of January, 2022.
Picture: Shutterstock / ID: 594477647
Yale Women in Economics have partnered with the Seeds of Fortune to create an easier college application process for young women.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.