Apply for Paralympic Winter Games Volunteering
Paralympic Winter Games Volunteering: Games volunteers are divided into two broad categories: general and specialist volunteers.
Specialist volunteers are those who have professional knowledge, skills and expertise in a given area including language, medical or driving services.
Non-specialist volunteers are general volunteers.
Games volunteers will provide services at/for the opening and closing ceremonies, competition and/or other events of the Games at venues or facilities in the Beijing, Yanqing, or Zhangjiakou competition zones.
The work areas open for volunteering include international relations, competition operations, press operations and broadcasting, venue operations, marketing, human resources, technology, cultural programmes, logistics, security, and transport, etc.
Beijing 2022 will provide them with:
- food & beverages,
- appropriate insurance and
- relevant medical services.
The Games volunteers will be requested to cover their own cost for traveling from the place of their residence to the competition zones of Beijing, Yanqing and Zhangjiakou.
Upon arriving in the relevant competition zone, with their accreditation card, they can take the public bus, urban rail (excluding the airport line), and Games shuttle buses in and between competition zones for free.
Individuals who meet all of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Must abide by Chinese laws and regulations, be willing to serve the Games on a voluntary basis, and accept the guidance and supervision of Beijing 2022;
- Must be minimum 18 years old on 1 January 2022 (born on or before 1 January 2004), and be in good health;
- Must be able to effectively communicate in Chinese and/or English; and
- Must be able to participate in all required training and provide volunteering services for the Games.
Favourable consideration will be given to applicants who:
- Will serve as a volunteer for the “Experience Beijing” Test Events;
- Will serve as a volunteer for both the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games;
- Have a considerable level of professional knowledge and expertise in areas including translation and interpretation, medical services, driving, and technology; or
- Will fill in volunteer positions that solve urgent needs that may arise in Games operations.
Read more here.