Registration to join the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 Volunteer Programme is now open. Get your chance to visit Russia two years in a row. There are several stages of the programme, including recruiting, selecting and training the volunteers in all 11 Host Cities, and finally organising their work during the event and appreciating their effort and dedication. In total, there will be around 5,500 volunteers involved in the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 and 15,000 in the 2018 FIFA World Cup. The volunteers will provide support in areas such as Ceremonies, Transport, Media, Protocol, Language Services, Doping Control and Fan Services. Deadline to apply is July 31st.
- Registration is open to everyone, regardless of the gender, nationality and physical ability;
- It is a plus if you are at least a second year university/college student when you apply, but a graduate degree (Bachelor’s, Specialist’s, or Master’s) is preferred;
- Candidates should be over 18 years-old;
- Previous volunteering experience will be an additional advantage;
- Strong command of the English language (at least the upper intermediate level). A second foreign language (Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Arabic) is an added advantage.
Application procedure is not very simple, so be prepared to put time and effort into it. First you have to register. The form takes about 30 minutes to fill in. You will need your ID and digital photo to upload to complete the form. The Russia 2018 Local Organising Committee (LOC) team will check the information provided by candidates and decide whether the candidates meet the criteria. Then the candidates will be invited to participate in the online tests. After that, the successful candidates (those who passed the tests) will proceed further to the interview at the relevant volunteer centre. The interviews will be either organised face-to-face or via Skype – for the candidates outside of Russia. All volunteer candidates for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup will be informed of their selection results no later than February 2017, and volunteer candidates for the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ no later than February 2018.
Find out more.
Share this post
Interested in co-operating with us?
We are open to co-operation from writers and businesses alike. You can reach us on our email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as quick as we can.